Inspiration Post x Invaluable

Hello there everyone, this Wednesday's Inspiration Post
is going to be a bit different.


My Inspiration today is a website named Invaluable

They are an online auction marketplace of fine & decorative arts, antiques,
collectibles, and JEWELRY.
I think it is a cool idea to be able to auction these
items to new owners who can appreciate, and pass
it down their family through generations.

If you can remember from my post back in September 2014,
there was a necklace that I talked a little about.


It shows a picture of what the moon looked
like at the time and day I was born. It glows in the dark!
It also has my birthstone at the tip.
November's birthstone was originally Topaz, but
is commonly mistaken for Citrine.

My father bought me this necklace when I was in
5th grade. I remember going to a flea market, and seeing a
booth that stuck out in particular to me.
The woman sitting there was slender, 
had dark, long hair, and green eyes.
She reminded me of a gypsy now that I think about it.


I came up to the table and she asked when I was born.
She then picked out a necklace, showed it to me, and put it 
in a little golden drawstring bag. I remember it was around $15-$20, but 
my father thought it was cool, and knew how much I loved it, so he bought it.

As you can see the bag is worn bare from time. I've had this necklace since I 
was around 10 years old (I'm almost 20 now).
I've always planned on passing it down to my future child, then to their
child and so on. Even though it won't be their birthday, it'll be a nice
way to remember their family member, and to keep a tradition.



Thank you, and be sure to visit Invaluable
;)

Comments

  1. That's so sweet that you have keepsakes that you can pass on to your children xo
    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment